Monday, June 9, 2008

Tag - a blog diease.

Okay, I’ve been tagged by Bubble Babble. I rushed to the emergency room and told the ER doctor that I needed their latest vaccine to fight against it. He gave me a wary stare and wrote down the number to his shrink. So I have to type this fast before my therapist appointment today. Here are the rules:

Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

Here are my Q’s and A’s:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I would have been 24, which means this was the time after dealing with Stalkers' 1 and 2 and waiting to deal with Stalkers' 3 and 4. I was living with my sister and her husband who just had their first baby but couldn’t afford to pay for child care. So I took a pause from my life and career to help them out. Most of my memories involve bottle-feeding and having pee shot at my face. I’ll spare you the exact details.

2. What 5 things are on my to-do list for today?
Uno: SLEEP! - I had to decorate and serve food at a client’s graduation party on Sunday. No air conditioning in the building. 90 degree weather. A small gas leak from the decrepit piece of junk called the stove. I almost collapsed from the heat, was nauseous from the gas, and had a raging headache. Tears were sliding down my face because I felt so sick. My hands were shaking. But I worked on for 8 hours and got a $50 tip. I’m still not sure if all of this was worth it even if they had handed me a Ben Franklin greenback.

Dos: Work on my Sunday crossword puzzles on Monday.

Tres: Work on revising my manuscript because I promised myself for the 5th time that I would get it done and sent out to agents. Hey! Why did I suddenly hear a hundred agent doors slamming close for the rest of the summer? My writing isn’t THAT bad.

Quatro: Fiddle with my new I-pod shuffle.

Cinco: SLEEP! - I had to decorate and cater . . . oh, yeah. I already mentioned the $50 tip.

3. Snacks I enjoy.
Doritos and Dr. Pepper - ambrosia for the Gods.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire.
I suppose I would need more money to perfect my plans for WORLD DOMINATION! Drat! Hmm . . . well, I know some of the money would go toward research for a cure for asthma, since I suffer from the affliction. I would also take a trip somewhere. Then I would hoard the rest and chuckle evilly in my grave when all my conniving heirs weep over the fact that I willed all the money to my handsome butler and my 50 cats.

5. Places I have lived.
Hillbilly Pennsylvania. Ghetto, 911 - shoots fired, Pennsylvania. Snobby, wannabe upperclass Pennsylvania. Psychotic, double personality, suburbia Pennsylvania. And currently, right back to square one in Hillbilly Pennsylvania - I discovered it was the best place to be.
*************

Taggy me. Taggy you. I don’t think I can dig up 5-6 people who haven’t already done this - I feel so out of the loop. I guess I’ll bug Sprouting Stories (who doesn’t even know who I am), Stephen Parrish (stop rolling your eyes), and Overexposed Notes of a Potential Scandal (I know you’ve been tagged before. Twice. Forgive me, Adaora).

Thanks for tagging me, Sandra Ree. This wasn’t as painful as I thought it would be - at least those are the words the therapist is forcing me to say.

It wasn’t as painful as I thought it would be.

10 comments:

  1. lol and wiping the tears from my eyes...thanks for playing along Mlh. I've learned some more about you and guess what? I still like you! :D Your writing is awesome, I love how entertaining you are, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bounced over here from 'bubble babble' blog & I'm so glad I did. I loved your amusing tag answers! I really like your witty style of writing & I'll be popping in again for fun doses of entertainment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra,

    Thanks for the opportunity. But, you still like me? After all of that? You are brave!

    Hey Harriet,

    Glad you could stop by! I've been checking out the pictures on your Etsy site. Might drop a couple of greenbacks your way.

    I would fix drinks for everyone, but I'm still a little tired today. Cocktails are on Sandra.

    Hee-hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee-hee... I'll make sure you're first on the list every time I get tagged!

    Hee-hee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyy!

    I responded to your tag. I couldn't think of who else to tag but I've informed you that I accepted your challenge. I also posted pics of my new bicycle print tunic/top. Soooooooooo cute.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra,

    Oh, goodie! I'm tagged for life! LOL! Yeah, I know...I deserved it. Don't worry. You make the drinks, and I will pick up the tab.

    Adaora,

    Hey girl, where you've been? Long time...no see. I did check out those prints before typing this comment. You do like your bright colors. I'm surprise you haven't done the fashionista thing and put on a photo show? I desperately could use some pointers on my fashion sense. I'm still retro 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks for giving me the link love. That sort of thing is always appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suldog,

    No problem. We bloggers have to stick together. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I thought that was pretty cool... on your sidebar. I first saw it on my dashboard. Think I just might put it on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandra,

    It is nice to have. It lets the readers know when there favorite blogs have been updated and what the subject is about. I would have had it up sooner, but there was a set-up glitch. I'm glad Blogger fixed the problem.

    ReplyDelete

People want to comment here? Okay...it's your two-cents, Bub. Spend it wisely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ESPN NHL Standings